Saturday, May 6, 2017

FNWF - May

Another month has rolled by  . . . .it will be June soon - how scary is that??

On Friday night it was the usual Patchwork Village - all the stitching is done so now I am just doing a plain running stitch on the edges to finish them off.

I have cut the pieces for the block borders - each block ends up as a star - and I have cut 7 sets of the contrast colour for the star points - I need to find two more plummy purples to complete that bit.

I also need to source another hand sewing project - I did buy a set of sashiko coasters at the March Craft show - but they are very quick so won't keep me busy for long...



Saturday was Group 1 Sewing Day - we had planned to have a short day and go to the Quilt Show in Ipswich - but that didn't eventuate so I was home early.  Since it was technically a "Sewing Day" I just continued on when I got home - DH is down the coast at an AFL game (Corporate Box - including limo transport there and back - doing it tough!!!).
As anyone who still does paid work or used to do it - you will know preparation time is the hardest bit - so I have cut, applied applique pieces, trimmed blocks and now have a lovely pile of things to work on when the opportunity arises.

This is one of the projects that was in a limbo state - thanks to the generosity of a few friends who could give me a few bits of that unusual blue colour I was able to create the doors and all the bits are now "applied" - except the rooves or roofs to avoid the spell checker.  I'm going to add a bit of trim (ric rac/lace etc) to them first.


I have been a bit quiet in blog land lately - I do hope to get back to more visiting and commenting - work does interfere in my craft and social life at times.   So if I havent been visiting you lately - apologies..
Big thanks to Cheryll for continuing this fun night!!  and for motivating me to do a post!
I'm off - got some sewing to do . . .  .

13 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I think one of those little blue doors is mine.........they are cute......

Maria said...

Look forward to seeing your Patchwork Village finished and your houses project....

Michelle said...

Hi Susan, looking forward to seeing your patchwork Village finished too! Mine is all stitched but I am still dithering with my fabric choices;o) I love the house blocks too, lovely colours.

Helen said...

Look forward to seeing the patchwork village. Cute houses :)

Fiona said...

I think I must do some more of those patchwork village ones - I love them nd you have inspired me. those houses look great too- so good when you find the fabric you need. its great having projects prepared
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Your stitcheries are beautiful, looking forward to seeing them sewn together. The houses are lovely too, isn't it great when friends can help out with fabric. Gives a special touch to the block. Bery good idea to have projects prepared ready tomsew whne you have the chance. Hope hubby enjoyed his day.

Cheryll said...

It was nice having your company at FNwF. Thanks for stopping by... xox

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Susan ,well done xx

Lyn said...

Lovely work on your houses..work does 'interfere' with our stitching time doesn't it!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love your patchwork village blocks and those lovely house blocks. DH certainly was doing it tough lol! Lots of sewing for you xxx

The Sloan Patch said...

Good on your for doing the prep...it is worth it when you can just pick something up mid week and not have to think!

Janet said...

Lots of houses in your sewing life these days! Love both your projects. The houses are especially cute with their special blue doors. Work gets in the way of my crafting too!

Bethan said...

Your houses are lovely - I love how mix and match yet coordinated they are. The patchwork village blocks are lovely too - I look forward to seeing them come together x